Calming Strategies for Autism and Sensory Processing
- Identify general characteristics and types of Autism and sensory processing.
- Explain the basic functions of the sensory systems and how it effects arousal and energy levels.
- Identify what subtle and obvious types of stimulus can activate, hype, or calm a child.
- Describe a variety of simple, home-made supports to help calm a child.
- Identify current alternative trends and therapies about which parents are asking questions.
Cost: $199 or $179 for a group of two or more
Instructor: Marti Smith, OTR/L
Contact: E-Mail or (512) 522-0762.
A certificate for six participation hours will be awarded at the end of the workshop.
Learners will be required to complete a multiple choice evaluation at the end of each learning activity in order to receive CEU credit documentation. Certificates will be sent to registered email at the conclusion of on-site workshops.. Participants can download documentation after a web based learning. Distance learning will receive documentation within two weeks of submission of evaluation.
works and what can go wrong.
What "hypes" a child up? What calms a child down?
Participants will earn a certificate for 6 contact hours with all information required by NBCOT.